Gimly and Tangem Connect Physical Objects to Blockchains with NFC
Tangem made-for-blockchain NFC chips do not only allow for authentication through challenge response schemes, but they can sign multiple types of transactions directly from the chip.
With Tangem made-for-blockchain NFC chips, physical objects and beings can interact securely and directly with digital blockchains. No third layer, cloud service, or back-end needed for key management and signature generation. The private key is securely generated within the chip, cannot be extracted, and is used to sign blockchain transactions directly from the chip. Contrary to other crypto tags, Tangem made-for-blockchain NFC chips do not only allow for authentication through challenge response schemes, but they can sign multiple types of transactions directly from the chip. They offer a wide range of additional functions, and are available as physical cards, tags or stickers. With their different form factors and broad functionality, they open up a wide range of use cases, including anti-counterfeiting, supply chain and logistics, and identity solutions.
Gimly is an implementation partner of Tangem, and helps clients and partners realise the added value of made-for-blockchain NFC through end-to-end development services or technology partnerships.
Tangem made-for-blockchain NFC technlogy
- Blockchain transactions: sign directly from the chip, raw/hashed/single/arrays of transactions
- Support sec256k1 and ed25519 cryptographic curves.
- Authenticity: prove product and chip authenticity through challenge response.
- Data storage: sign and store encrypted or raw data on chip.
- 2FA: allow only transactions or data validated through issuer signature.
- Other security functions: Security delays, PIN codes, CVC codes.
- EAL6+ certified secure smart-card chip based on ARM SC000 core architecture and having ISO14443 Type A contactless interface.
- Identification or co-signing solutions
- Payment solutions, crypto banknotes for cryptocurrencies (ETH, BTC, BCH, XLM, XRP, ADA, RSK, or any custom blockchain).
Tags and stickers:
- Anti-counterfeiting solutions
- IoT components to directly connect physical worlds to digital blockchains.
Free Tangem developer kits for all odyssey teams
For the Odyssey 2020 Hackathon, Gimly is providing participating teams with Tangem developer kits through the Dutch Blockchain Coalition’s Odyssey SSI sandbox. The Tangem developer kit includes programmable made-for-blockchain NFC chips, programming software, android, iOS, and JVM SDKs for implementing Tangem functionalities, and extended technical documentation. Teams from all challenges can request a developer kit via the button below. Gimly is also participating in the Odyssey KLM internet of logistics challenge, so let us explore possibilities for collaboration among our teams!